Mitterminslov semester (början) -
Onsdag 19 Februari, 2020
Robert Gabriel Mugabe National Youth Day -
Fredag 21 Februari, 2020
Sekulär semester :
Mitterminslov semester (slut) -
Onsdag 26 Februari, 2020
Höstlov (början) -
Torsdag 2 April, 2020
Skollovens : Http://www.his-zim.com/calendars/index.htm
Fredag 10 April, 2020
Katolska och protestantiska : The First Council of Nicaea (a gathering of bishops in the early days of Christianity) wanted to find a day to commemorate the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ. This commemoration had to be linked to Jewish holiday traditions, since the last supper of Christ was believed to be a Jewish Passover meal. But the Jewish calendar is based on lunar and solar cycles, so the Easter celebration had to follow the same calendar.
Lördag 11 April, 2020
Katolska : Paid holiday
Söndag 12 April, 2020
Katolska och protestantiska : Paid holiday
Annandag påsk -
Måndag 13 April, 2020
Katolska och protestantiska : Datum för påsken fastställdes under året 325. Denna fest beräknas enligt månkalendern.
Lördag 18 April, 2020
Sekulär semester : On this day in 1980, Southern-Rhodesia gained independence from the British, changing the name into Zimbabwe (based on a Shona term for Great Zimbabwe , an ancient ruined city in the country's south-east the remains of which are now a protected site).
· The day marked the end of racial segregation.
· In the ninety year span that Zimbabwe was a colony, it was administered by the British South African Company (BSAC) under the name Rhodesia and the Responsible Government under the name Southern Rhodesia. Both administrative systems were under the British monarchy.
· In 1965, Zimbabwe became autonomous and was led by a white segregationist government after Ian Smith made a Unilateral Declaration of Independence (UDI) from Britain. This was after the British government had made majority rule a condition for the independence of Rhodesia from Britain.
· Smith followed the UDI by declaring Rhodesia a Republic, which however, did not have international recognition.
· From June 1979, the Republic of Southern Rhodesia was replaced by Zimbabwe-Rhodesia. Lacking international recognition, after about three months, the country was taken back into the hands of Britain, as per the Lancaster House Agreement which was meant to facilitate transition.
· The country once again became a British colony known as Southern Rhodesia.
· In the April 1980 elections, Robert Mugabe, head of the Zimbabwe African National Union (ZANU) won the majority and became the Prime Minister of Zimbabwe.
Första maj/Majdagen -
Fredag 1 Maj, 2020
Sekulär semester : Chicago, lördag den 1 maj 1886: 350.000 arbetstagare i strejk. De vill ha en 8-timmars arbetsdag. Alla branscher är förlamade landet. På måndag, polisen öppnar eld. På tisdag, är Chicago en gång i strejk. Efter en bomb inletts mot dem, polisen öppnar eld. 12 döda, varav 7 poliser. 8 anarkister kommer att bli dömda och avrättade. 1889, den socialdemokratiska internationella rörlighet möttes i Paris och förklarade i dag internationella arbetarnas dag . Sovjet tog samma beslut, på samma sätt som nazisterna. I Frankrike under Vichy regimen (1940-1944), firandet döptes arbetsdag .
Harare Internationell festival of the Arts (HIFA) -
Måndag 4 Maj, 2020
kultur : Lasts 7 days 2020 edition NOT confirmed
Höstlov (slut) -
Tisdag 5 Maj, 2020
Skollovens : Http://www.his-zim.com/calendars/index.htm
Mors Dag -
Söndag 10 Maj, 2020
Vykort/Blommor : Mother’s day has evolved in many countries in different ways. This is because mother’s day has different origins in different countries and therefore occurs on different days in the year.
One school of thought claims that this day emerged from the custom of mother worship in ancient Greece. Mother worship which kept a festival to Cybele, a great mother of gods, and Rhea, the wife of Cronus, was held on March 15 to March 18 around Asia Minor. They insist that this custom spread around the world.
Mothering Sunday is the celebration of motherhood in the United Kingdom. It is also known as Mid-lent Sunday, Rose Sunday and Laetare Sunday. It originally comes from the Victorian practice of allowing servants to return home to visit their mothers on this day.
In the United States, Julia Ward Howe (May 27, 1819 - October 17, 1910) was a prominent American abolitionist, social activist, and poet. Howe’s Battle Hymn of the Republic was first published in the Atlantic Monthly in 1862 and quickly became one of the most popular songs for the Union during the American Civil War. After the war she focused her activities on the causes of Pacifism and women’s suffrage. In 1870 she was the first to proclaim Mother’s Day, with her Mother’s Day Proclamation.
Ramadan avslutas (kan ev. flyttas till närmaste dag) -
Söndag 24 Maj, 2020
Vykort/Blommor : The month of Ramadan is that in which was revealed the Quran; a guidance for mankind, and clear proofs of the guidance, and the criterion (of right and wrong). And whosoever of you is present, let him fast the month, and whosoever of you is sick or on a journey, a number of other days. Allah desires for you ease; He desires not hardship for you; and that you should complete the period, and that you should magnify Allah for having guided you, and that perhaps you may be thankful NOT a public holiday [Wikipedia]
Måndag 25 Maj, 2020
Sekulär semester : From 2009 When the Organisation of African Unity (OAU) was created in May of 1963, the founding delegates proclaimed May 25, 1963 African Liberation Day (ALD), as the successor commemoration day of Africa Freedom Day.